Max Planck Institute for Molecular Biomedicine, Münster
Born on January 30, 1953 in Toronto/Canada. Studies in biology in Heidelberg, doctorate 1985, German Habilitation in molecular biology Ruprecht Karl University Heidelberg (1994), head of a research group at EMBL Heidelberg (1991-1999), Full Professor of Reproduction Physiology at the School of Veterinary Medicine and Director of the Center of Animal Transgenesis and Germ Cell Research at the University of Pennsylvania/USA (1999-2004), Adjunct Professor of Biochemistry, University of Pennsylvania, School of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Animal Biology, Philadelphia/USA (since 2004), Director and Scientific Member at the Max Planck Institute for Molecular Biomedicine (since 2003), Robert-Koch-Preis (2008).
Prof. Dr. Hans R. Schöler Publications
Scientific awards and memberships
- Member of “Deutsche Akademie der Naturforscher Leopoldina – Nationale Akademie der Wissenschaften” (German National Academy of Sciences Leopoldina) (2004)
- Head of the Managing Board of the Stem Cell Network North Rhine Westphalia (2005-2013)
- Member of the “Nordrhein-Westfälische Akademie der Wissenschaften” (North Rhine-Westphalian Academy of Sciences) (2005)
- Member in the “Zentrale Ethik-Kommission für Stammzellenforschung (ZES)” (Central Ethics Committee for Stem Cell Research) (since July 2005)
- Robert Koch Prize (2008)
- Extraordinary Member of the Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences and Humanities (2010)
- Corresponding Member of the Academy of Sciences and Literature Mainz (2010)
More information on the Max Planck Institute for Molecular Biomedicine website.