CTERP Conference Chair
Ph.D., Sci.D., Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Head of Laboratory of the Molecular Biology of Stem Cells, Institute of Cytology Russian Academy of Sciences (INC RAS)
The laboratory, established in the Institute of Cytology in 2006, has broad interests in cell and molecular biology with a primary focus on pluripotent stem cells, such as embryonic stem (ES) and induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells. Study of the molecular mechanisms of stem cell maintenance and development is our primary emphasis, however, we are increasingly working on developing applications of pluripotent stem cells in clinics. The most recent and exciting current topics are as follows.
BRIEF CURRICULUM VITAE
Undergraduate Studies, School of Physics, Dept. Biophysics, Polytechnical State Institute, Leningrad, USSR/Russia.
Ph.D. studies in the Institute of Cytology, Academy of Sciences, St-Petersburg, Russia and University of Caen, France.
Postdoctoral studies at the EMBL, Heidelberg, Germany, and University of Pennsylvania, USA (Prof. Hans R. Sch?ler).
Group Leader, Department Developmental Biology (head Prof. Davor Solter), Max-Planck-Institute for Immunobiology, Freiburg, Germany.
Head of the Lab, Institute of Cytology, Russian Academy of Science, St-Petersburg, Russia.
Recent publications (2010-present)
- Liskovykh M, Ponomartsev S, Popova E, Bader M, Kouprina N, Larionov V, Alenina N, Tomilin A. (2015) Stable maintenance of de novo assembled human artificial chromosomes in embryonic stem cells and their differentiated progeny in mice. Cell Cycle, Feb 19: 0. [Epub ahead of print].
- Kulichkova VA, Artamonova TO, Zaykova JJ, Ermolaeva JB, Khodorkovskii MA, Barlev NA, Tomilin A, Tsimokha AS (2014) Simultaneous EGFP and Tag Labeling of the b7 Subunit for Live Imaging and Affinity Purification of Functional Human Proteasomes. Mol Biotechnol. Aug 28. [Epub ahead of print].
- Kouprina N, Tomilin A, Masumoto H, Earnshaw WC, Larionov V. (2014) HAC-based gene delivery vectors for gene function studies, gene therapy and pharmacology. Expert Opin. Drug Del. 11 (4): 1-19.
- DeVeale B, Brokhman I, Mohseni P, Babak T, Yoon C, Lin A, Onishi K, Tomilin A, Pevny L, Zandstra PW, Nagy A, van der Kooy D (2013) Oct4 is required for e7.5 for proliferation in the primitive streak. PLoS Genet. 9(11): e1003957.
- Wu G, Han D, Gong Y, Sebastiano V, Gentile L, Singhal N, Adachi K, Fischedick G, Ortmeier C, Sinn M, Radstaak M, Tomilin A, Schöler HR. (2013) Establishment of totipotency does not depend on Oct4. Nat Cell Biol. 15(9): 1089-97.
- Lee N.C.O, K. A., Lee H.S, Tolkunova E.N., Liskovykh М.A., Masumoto H., Earnshaw W.C., Tomilin A., Larionov V., Kouprina N. (2013) Protecting a transgene expression from the HAC-based vector by different chromatin insulators. Cell. Mol. Life Sci. 70(19): 3723-37.
- Nazarov I, Krasnoborova V, Mitenberg A, Chikhirzhina E, Davidov-Sinitsin A, Liskovykh M, and Tomilin A (2014) Transcription Regulation of Oct4 (Pou5F1) Gene by Its Distal Enhancer. Cell and Tissue Biol 8(1): 27-32.
- Davydov-Sinitsyn A, O. V. Bazhenova, M. A. Liskovykh, L. L. Chechik, S. V. Ponomartsev S, Tomilin A, Tolkunova E. (2013) In vitro Derivation and Characterization of a Colorectal Cancer Stem Cell Subpopulation. Cell and Tissue Biol 7(4): 320-325.
- Davydov-Sinitsyn A, Bajenova O, Liskovykh M, Ponomartsev S, Chechik L, Tomilin A, Tolkunova E. (2012) Comparative Analysis of Colorectal Carcinoma Cell Lines That Differ in Metastatic Potential. Cell and Tissue Biol 7(5): 407-412.
- Liskovykh M., Chuykin I., Ranjan A., Safina D., Popova E., Tolkunova E., Mosienko V., Minina J., Zhdanova N., Mullins J.J., Bader B., Alenina N., Tomilin A. (2011) Derivation, characterization, and stable transfection of induced pluripotent stem cells from Fischer344 rats. PLoS ONE 11 (6): e27345.
- Liskovykh M, Davydov-Sinitcyn A, Marilovtceva E, Tomilin A, Tolkunova E. (2011) Interaction between the CDX2 Transcription Factor and DDX5 Protein. Cell and Tissue Biol. 6(1): 20-25.
Full list of publications and more information about speaker on the Institute of Cytology website.